Hi All, Thank goodness the weekend is over. All of us with the exception of Bella ended up with colds. So a boring weekend was had with tissues everywhere and trying to get the kids to have some cough medicine. No doubt it will be the first of many for the year.
I still managed some stitching after they had gone to bed. First I started the backstitching on Santa.
His eyes are supposed to be french knots which I can't do to save my life so I just added a few quarter stitches in the corners and they look ok.
And Princess Izzy
This week I brought a barbie sewing pattern to try and make the girls some new clothes. I have no idea how to sew but my mother in law used to make mens suits so she has offered to teach me how to use my sewing machine that I had to have after Charlotte was born and which has been pretty much sitting their since.
This is the pattern I chose and although the girls would love a wedding dress I think I might start with something a little simpler. So if any of you have made doll clothes or have any general sewing tips/tricks please let me know!
Cheers,Sharine
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
New start!
Hi All, Hope everyone has been keeping well and getting lots of stitching in. This week I worked on Looney Tunes and am starting to get t...
-
Hi All, Crossing fingers my laptop is fixed once and for all! So for the catch up Piper last time And now Princess Izzy ...
-
Hi All, Finished my page last night and got a small start on the next page. I noticed that I also have some new followers which kicke...
-
Hi All, The weeks seem to be flying away at the moment! I think oh yeah I will update my blog tonight but forget and then its the next wee...

Santa is looking good. Good luck on the doll clothes.
ReplyDeleteLinda
Awww, I'm sorry to hear that you were sick! I hope you're feeling better. Despite that, you got some nice work in!
ReplyDeleteI feel you on french knots. The evil horse pattern I'm doing has a million of them and I'm dreading every single one. Every. Single. One.
gorgeous stitching :D sorry no advice on dolls clothes I've never made any.
ReplyDelete