Friday, July 20, 2012

Faery Tales & A Barbie dress

Hi All, First up is Faery Tales
And I finished a dress for Barbie
My lovely camera has washed the colors out. The top is pale pink and the skirt has pale pink, dark pink and white ruffles. In the  pattern ( found here pattern 1020 ). The only changes I have made are I added a button hole on the back and used 3.25mm needles instead of 2mm.Also you are supposed to press down the ruffles so they lay straight down but I liked how it looks curly so will be leaving it like that for now. The site has lots of great barbie knitting patterns. I have now started a rainbow one for Charlotte who is choosing the colors for me as I go along. I started with purple and she has green lined up for me next.
Cheers,Sharine

12 comments:

  1. I admire your tenacity with this beautiful piece. Can't imagine stitching such a piece, but admire you for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the barbie dress - very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great stitching and such a lovely dress =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow you're moving so quickly on Faery Tales you'll be done in no time at this rate!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Die Stickerei " Feary Tales" ist super !!!!

    Liebe Grüße Grit

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh, you are so close to a happy dance finish on Faery Tales! How does it feel, since I'm, as of yet, unfamiliar with that feeling.

    Love the Barbie dress! Who says you need to spend a fortune to make kids happy :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your stitching looks amazing and I love the Barbie dress.Was it easy to make?
    http://claire-stitchart.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love seeing the progress in Faery Tales.

    ReplyDelete
  9. go go go for finishing the fairytales! it looks beautiful. very full stitching! i love the barbie dress also. she i slooks gorgeous. :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Faery Tales looks wonderful! The Barbie dress is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great stitching! gorgeous progress.love the Barbie.

    ReplyDelete

New start!

 Hi All, Hope everyone has been keeping well and getting lots of stitching in.   This week I worked on Looney Tunes and am starting to get t...