Monday, November 2, 2015

Piper, Consumed and some hexie's

Hi All,

Hope everyone is keeping well.

Bella would like say thankyou for your comments and she is busily searching for something to stitch on her fabrics for the upcoming summer holidays coming up here in Australia.

And here is my progress this week.

On Piper I finished the second row and started on the third row which is also the second last row.


After all that black at the end I was looking forward to starting the new row just to see it started with...black! D'oh! At least it's not to much lol.

And Consumed has more brown. Can't wait to get to her hair but since I only work on this one a couple of hours a week it might be a while yet.


And this week I joined our local quilting group to learn how to do hexie's. I think a new addiction might grow out of this.


After looking on Pintrest the plan is for a large queen sized scrappy quilt full of hexie's. These are 1" so that might be a long term project as well.

Cheers, Sharine

10 comments:

  1. I love piper so much! It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous stitching and your hexies are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice progress Sharine and cute hexie's.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great progress as usual and congratulations on reaching the end of the third row. That's a big achievement.
    Those hexies are really sweet but so small! Have you worked out how many you will need for your massive quilt? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic progress on both projects. Best of luck with the quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sharine.....

    Piper is looking good....keep it up....

    I love doing Hexies...they are fun to do....I am addicted in making these. I love to make them. I haven't decided what I am going to do with mine. I haven't made a whole lot of them yet but eventually I will though. You are doing great in making yours. I belong to two Quilting Groups...one through my church and one through the local county one. I like to go to the one at my church because it is daytime from 2 to 4 every Wednesday and that is when I like to go to my Church's Quilting Group. Keep it up - you are doing great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful stitching, as always! Looks like you're not too far from her hair on Consumed.
    Love the hexies, too! One thing I can't do is sew.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your HAEDs look amazing. I do hope you don't get sidetracked by all those hexies and forget your cross stitch!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness! I am just agog with your Piper and your Consumed...I have never tried a HAED but I don't know if I could make it through even the beginning of one. They are both going to be stunning!
    Love your Hexie's too ;)

    ReplyDelete